My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Hair Miracle

[And no, I didn't wake up and all the gray was gone....that would be a true miracle.  Like a life-changing miracle]

Okay, I have 4 hair things I do:

1.  Leave it semi-curly - this involves some great curl product, and a slight blow dry for volume and over all shape.  This is pretty quick and easy - but I'm not sure if it looks good or just messy - and through out the day as I tuck it behind my ear, play with it, lie down on it or whatever, I'm pretty sure it gets worse.

2.  Straighten - sometimes I'll blow-dry first, and some times air dry, but that flat iron is my hair's BFF.  It takes out all the fuzziness, frizziness, and waves, but this is time consuming.  And if I blow dry first - even more time consuming - and HOT.  And I don't mean hot, like "you have smokin' hot hair", I mean hot, like my body temperature is near the boiling point and any make-up I may have already applied has long since melted away.

3.  Curl help with the big fat curling iron - again, this works best post-air dry (or day 2 hair) (or really, let's be honest 3) (or maybe even 4).   Faster than choice 2, slower than choice 1.  Again, this style fixes a lot of hair problems, but sometimes the fuzzy/frizzy look stays.  So, yes, my hair looks more "done" but not as done as with the BFF.

4.  Pony tail.  Nuf said.

BUT today...NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

For the first time in my adult long-haired life, my hair looked good after a blow dry - without any other help!!!

It was amazing.  Wavy, in a mildly controlled yet still loose way.  It stayed all day looking the same.  This just doesn't normally happen for me.  It could be a new hair beginning for me.

And just in time for my trip to Europe - which I'll be taking with my BFF (James) but not my BFF (Flat iron).

2 comments:

Bonnie White said...

Ah the old heat wave has come chez toi. Amuses-toi bien avec ca.

Georgina said...

I have recently fallen in major major love with dry shampoo powder. It makes day 2 (and 3, and 4) + curling iron my favourite look. :)