My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Jam

(and no, this post isnt about me preserving natures bounty .... I'm talking about a different kind of Jam, the Pearl kind)

Last night JT and I headed to see Pearl Jam - and side note, this is part 2 in our season of grunge experience, we did Soundgarden last month and Foo Fighters (who I still think of as almost Nirvana) next month.

That was one fantastic concert. I heart PJ. A lot.

But here's how I know that I attended that concert as a 40ish person and not a 20ish person:

1. When Eddie started talking about some cause they are involved with, I heard "blah, blah, blah change the world blah blah blah" and thought "I hope they play Black, I hope they play Black, I hope they play Black". Which they didn't....I guess Eddie cant read my mind.

2. My day had started at 5:40 that morning, so I was glad that everyone around stayed seated so that I didn't have to stand the whole time. In my defense, it was a long concert.

3. Before the music started I worried about how far it was to the bathroom from my seat, and how many stairs there were...they hurt my knees.

4. And finally, the old codger beside me James was wearing earplugs. But me, no way. What? What did you say about that? I'm sorry, could you speak a little louder please?

And you know what else I learned last night, although Eddie Vedder is a musical genius (for those who know or care, I like his ukulele songs), he can't dance.

And if you think I shouldn't be judging anyone's dancing, I beg to differ...just check out the dancing video on my Facebook page.

4 comments:

Maja said...

Haha!!! Glad you went and it sounds like you a great time. I think I must be older than me - I thought "Pearl Jam? Love them, but I am way too old for concerts..." jk. Nursing baby vetos a lot.

Renee said...

I've always been a Pearl Jam girl and it sounds like you had a great time. I still like going to concerts, but I like to have a good amount of personal space and I'm with James... I bring ear plugs just in case.

Bonnie White said...

I had to google pearl jam. I know. It's sad that I must have missed that decade while I lactated and burped four babies. But the one thing I did see was that they remixed a song I did know.

R. Patton said...

Just to jump in and be a (boring) name dropper, my little Hawaii-dweller brother has surfed with Eddie Vedder. It impressed me much, as PJ was the soundtrack to my high school years!