My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Memory is a Tricky Thing

A couple of weeks ago this old memory from my university days popped into my head.  I remember it so, so clearly.  I was having dinner with my friends Trevor and Kelly.  I'm pretty sure we were at Chianti's on Whyte Ave in the old post office building in Edmonton. 

We were talking about showering - more specfically, how we each ended our shower.  We figured there are two camps:  1.  As hot as possible for as long as possible, or 2.  End with the burst of "refreshing" cold water.  [Side note:  I am firmly in camp 1.  Ask anyone in our family who has to shower right after me].  One of my dinner companions was a camp 1er and one was a camp 2er [If I had to lay money, I'd say Kelly camp 1, Trevor camp 2, but I could be totally wrong].


What I really want to know is, how come I can remember this whole conversation from almost 20 years ago, but when I walk into Safeway, I can't remember what I'm there to buy????

No comments: