My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Lord and Lady of the Manor

Since our real house is under going major renos, we've moved into a small, old rental for the summer.  It's fine for a couple of months - but it does have some quirks.

One HUGE drawback is that there is only a queen bed in the master.  Now, since James is quite tall and I am a night-time sprawler - we sleep much, much better in a king.  However, this house has lots of beds - and fortunately, there is an empty queen bed in the room across the hall.  This is now James' room.

We spend our evenings together in my room (since that's where the computer/TV is located), but when it comes time for sleeping, James retires to his own sleeping chamber.  Thus we have become just like Lord and Lady Grantham...

Except that last night as we were finishing up our show in my room - in flew a moth.  So out flew me.  Almost - it was more like a quick run.  James tried to find that monster moth, but he didn't have success...

...so I spent the night in his room.

queen bed v. moth = clear winner

Even now, as I'm back in my room in the daylight to type this - I can't relax and I'm constantly scanning for life-threatening dangers that moth.

No comments: