My Kids

My Kids

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Visit to the Doctor

So my knee has been hurting for a few weeks.  It started off just a mild annoyance, but last week I wasn't even able to run without it hurting - so I would walk instead.  And then it would ache all afternoon.

Since my daily activity was actually compromised, I actually made an appointment with the doctor right away!  Last time my knees started hurting (a different hurt btw), I waited a long, long time to go in.  So long, in fact, that this is what the conversation at the visit was like:

ME:  My knees hurt when I bend them like this or go up stairs
DR:  How long as this been going on
ME:  I'm not exactly sure, but somewhere between 1 year to 18 months. 

This time - under a month.

So after the x-ray/ultrasound/exam combo, here's the result:  no cyst, no tears, no instability.  The treatment:  anti-inflammatories, anti-pain gel, elevate my leg, and no exercize for 2 weeks.  Physio if needed after a month.

Did you catch that??

NO EXERCIZE FOR 2 WEEKS!!  A doctor mandated break for the rest of the summer!!!  It's the best summer vacation ever!!

Now I can sleep in all I want!!

1 comment:

Bonnie White said...

Janine there is a guy in town who teaches people how to chi run and walk. From what I can tell, it changes the posture of the person to take the action to a different place other than the knees. Those I know who have followed this new method are finding themselves winning races, taking fewer medications and enjoying pain free runs.