My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Back!!! (Also called, An Intro To My New Life) (with new pics and post script)

Almost 19 years ago Alex was born, and today, for the first time since then, I have no one at home all day.  Will started grade one today.  I was wondering how I would feel -- sad? happy?  lonely? ecstatic?

Turns out its all of the above -- except lonely. 

Here's some things that I figure I can do now that I'm finished with having kids home in the day:

1.  Work more (that's just for my boss who reads this blog -- because he's also my husband)
2.  Go to the temple in the day
3.  Work out longer
4.  Read more
5.  Lunch with friends!
6.  Organize all of those closets and drawers that annoy me
7.  Nap
8.  Blog again
9.  Maybe, and this is a big maybe, I'll even shower and DO MY HAIR everyday!!!


So, it's a new time in my life.  Really, it doesn't matter how I feel about it -- and yes, sometimes I'm sad that I won't have these little pre-schoolers as my constant buddies anymore -- but I can't change it!  Certainly I'm not going to keep them home.

So, on to the next chapter.

(And PS. if it looks like I'm crying right now -- it has more to do with the way my butt feels after this morning's bike ride)

From this:
 To this, in the blink of an eye



 
 
Since leaving the school, I worked out, ran a couple of errands, dropped in on a friend, attended a work conference call, blogged, did a ton of basketball emails, talked to my contractors....AND I still have 4 HOURS!!!  Okay -- what emotion rules the day?  Giddyness

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hello? Where does visit your sister come in? All those hours wasted....