Yes - I'm a voter. For Canadian Idol I mean - not politics for pete's sake!! [Side note: as if voting in Alberta means anything - will we ever have anything other than a conservative government?? Seriously though, I always do try to support my local non-conservative candidate] Back to CI - fantastic night again last night. Voted for my top 3, and one of them twice! (Mookie - love that guy). Seriously, you must watch. If I was techno-savvy I bet I could post a link to some video of the performances. Also, if I was techno-savvy, I could probably get my computers to run faster.
I got a new calling on Sunday: ward historian. I think the only job that would be easier is gospel doctrine class president. All I have to do is submit a one page summary at the end of the year to the stake. Easy. However, the bishopric did mention that although that is the bare minimum, I can feel free to do whatever else I want with the calling. In the words of the first counselor, the calling is "wide open". Really, I stopped listening after the words bare minimum. I'm good with that. I still haven't quite got used to how little I have to do at church now. I keep thinking that I have things I should be doing...I'm sure I'll settle into the easy life soon, and I'll never want to go back!
On the summer front...we are still having fun. Really, I've stopped blogging about it so much because we do the same old things...play games, go to parks, use our various passes over and over again. Really, I just try to get us out of the house every day.
Finally, Will is a walker. He took his first steps in June, and since then he's occasionally taken 6 or 7 steps in a row, but just this past week he's starting to favour walking over crawling. Now he can wear the new fake-Robeez shoes I bought him at Target in July. I didn't want him crawling with them on and getting them all scuffed up.
Speaking of new shoes...I'll have to post a pic of these cute Nike flip flops I got.
And really finally, do you ever find blogs to read that make you feel totally inadequate. The blogger, who is usually a mom of several children, spends her time sewing, crafting, making things, selling them, drawing, painting, decorating, and taking professional quality pictures of it all?? Get the picture? Usually I'm okay with my lack of talent in these areas, but I really have to stop looking at these blgos before I get the overwhelming urge to burn my house to the ground and have one of these ladies come decorate it from the ground up. I've always felt gypped that my talents lie in 2 areas (talking and math) - neither of which translate very well to a ward talent survey or a blog. Oh wait, maybe the talking does...perhaps I should start a special "math question of the day" section...
PS. Flora, thanks for the Wii bar and the soother - I was mourning the loss of the Oilers one. I thought I'd have to go to Edmonton to stock up again.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


2 comments:
Ward historian?! I've never even heard of such a cake calling, you lucky girl. (I guess you could have been called as Hymn Book Stacker.) Maybe Uncle David is letting you have a break for a few weeks before you get called as seminary teacher! HAHA!
Bytheway...I really enjoy your humor/talking talents, Janine. You should really find a way to intimidate us with your mad math skills.
Hmm - well, you've beat me on the talent list, since my list is just "math", not talking at all. But I could totally ace your math problems!
Post a Comment