My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Time Management

So on Friday I'm hosting a brunch for a bunch (ha, ha) of my friends - if you are reading this, live in the same city as me, and didn't get an invite, come on over between 10 and 1. So what did I do yesterday to help prepare for the brunch? I cleaned out my linen closet! What was I thinking? That maybe someone would want to take a shower and need a clean towel? Maybe someone would want to sleep over and go looking for clean sheets??? Really, I should have been baking or cleaning the visible parts of the house - or at least reading my book.

However, my linen closet looks great. I bought those vaccuum sealed bags - you know the ones where you load a whole bunch of blankets into what is really a ginormous ziploc bag, attach your vaccuum, and suck out all the air. I was able to reduce all the blankets and extra storage stuff from 2 shelves of my closet into about 3/4 of a shelf. Love it. Now I can't stop thinking about what else I could vaccuum pack, it's so fascinating. Okay, to be totally honest, the image of seeing my cat vaccuum packed did pop into my head once or twice. Of course, I would never do that...especially after she did us the big favour of all over our crappy futon couch thereby forcing us to buy new living room furniture.

Finally, it always seems so odd when I have to grocery shop, pay bills, or do laundry in the summertime.

1 comment:

Flora said...

Janine - you crack me up! Your blog is really hilarious.

Grant is back in Calgary from Montana and has deposited your wii thing in my mailbox - along with a surprise. OK, I can't keep a secret - it's one of Will's long-lost Oiler soothers. It was upstairs in the loft with the books. (Will's a studious little guy, isn't he?) Sorry it has taken so long to get it to you.