I can't stand it when I can't figure out someone's vanity plate on their car. To continue along with the memories of Kelly and Trevor and my younger years, here's one more story:
When we were in University, Kelly drove a Mustang with a plate that read "CULATER". Culater, I said to myself, what is that? Is it someone who culates? Do you say it "The Culator (like the Terminator)"?? I couldn't figure this plate out for ever...and I was way too cool to actually ask Kelly or Trevor what it meant. I finally did ask my sister, but she didn't know either. Time passed, like a year or so, and one day I was driving with a friend behind Kelly's car, she took one look and said "Oh, C - U -Later, great plate" and I, of course, said "Yeah, it fits the mustang doesn't it" as if I had known what the plate said all along.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


2 comments:
That's so hilarious. My mom (one of the smartest, most well-read women I know) has a hard time understanding comic strips sometimes...even when they are super obvious. I love to bug her about it!
I've been tempted on numerous occasions to, at a stop light, run out of my car to ask the driver to PLEASE tell me what their vanity plate is saying.
Post a Comment