Last week was Olivia's 5th birthday. Now, if you are a regular blog reader (or should I say THE regular reader), you'll have heard a lot about Olivia's antics...but she has a good side to her as well, that I think I should share in honour of her big day.
Olivia is very chatty, she's very funny, and she loves to sing (real songs and made up songs) and she loves to play make-believe. She adores her older siblings and it's fun to watch them compete for her attention. She'll bestow her approval on them one by one as if she was handing out wishes from a good fairy. And the big kids completely buy into this - unless she's being whiny, then she's all mine. And she really is all mine...I am her hands-down favorite. And do you know what? I love it. I love the way she wants to be with me and wants to share everything with me? Narcissistic? Maybe.
Let me tell you a little story, it has some sad parts, but it ends well.
Years ago I really wanted a baby, but James went to Kosovo for 6 months, so that wasn't a good time for babies.
Then I really wanted a baby, but we were moving so I had to wait.
Then I really, really wanted a baby, and I got pregnant, and then that baby was our stillborn daughter Isabel.
Then I really, really, really wanted a baby and 2 years later - I got one. That baby was Olivia. I had waited so long for her. By then, the bigger kids were all in school and it was just Olivia and I. And I loved her to pieces. And I spoiled her - but not too much, just enough!
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


1 comment:
Olivia is a doll! I think she and Sophia would get along, maybe a little too well. It's too bad we live like a gazillion miles away from eachother!
ps. You're a great friend. (I know that's cheesy, but I mean it.)
Post a Comment