
Here's what our street and yard look like - for those who don't live here. We have so much snow!


Finally, yesterday I drove to Edmonton with my friend Tara (on the left) to see our friend Alice (in the middle) who is visiting from Australia. 6 hours of driving to see a friend - yes I am that desperate for friends! Ha ha. Really, though, I love to reconnect and stay in touch with old friends. I've known Tara since grade 2 and Alice since grade 7. We had a great time visiting, sharing what our lives are like now, and reminiscing about the old days (ie. gossiping about everyone we used to know). Some things never change. I always find it comforting in a way to be with people who have known me for so long. Plus, I figure that if someone who knew me at 14 still wants to be my friend now, that's worth any amount of driving.


3 comments:
Hey, can I superimpose my face in there?!!! I miss you Janine!
ps. Alex is so cute! Oliver's first dance was a youth dance too that same night. funny.
Thanks. I really like our house too. That mudroom is my favorite room, hands down.
I do remember making those candles now! I remember mine looking not so much like candles, but something else that's brown and lumpy. It was a fun craft day, and yes, I took you back to the guest house. Was that the day I was too scared to put the car in 4th gear on a major road? That was a great welcome to Germany for you huh... it took like 30 minutes to do a 10 minute drive!
Alex looks so cute! And I love her hair in that pic! I remember that my first dance was a New Years Dance too! How FUN!
Post a Comment