As I was putting Will into his carseat tonight to drive Sam to Tae Kwon Do (which, thankfully is only a couple of minutes away), I noticed his bum was wet. Then I noticed that his barefeet (yes, I know...barefeet? In January?? But, in my defense - it's pretty warm tonight, and a short drive, and who said I was trying to be mother-of-the-year anyway)...back to the gripping story...I noticed that his barefeet were brown. And it wasn't chocolate.
So, after dropping Sam, I got to spend some quality time cleaning off poo from Will's waist to his feet - and it was sticky. And smelly. So gross. Plus his clothes had an extra "lining" to them. And finally, to top it all off, I had to search the house for "ground zero". Thank goodness for my carpet steam cleaner.
Speaking of cleaning disasters...at least this one happened when we were at home, and nothing was going on at our house. My top two cleaning fiascos both happened within hours of family coming to visit my house (either this one or our old rental place) for the first time (and I really like to impress people with a clean and orderly house...ask my kids). Here they are:
1. Again, house in order, everything clean, ready for my parents...I decide to go up and shower, and upon my return to the living room, I see that 1 year old Olivia had spread her poo all over our cream-coloured futon couch and the off-white carpet. First I cleaned her, then I scrubbed the couch and carpet, then, since this was back before I got really smart and bought my own steam cleaner, I headed out to the store to rent a carpet cleaner. I managed to get everything cleaned and the machine returned before the visitors arrived...but it was close.
2. James had put 2 Cokes in the freezer to "chill" and forgot about them for days on end (really - let's put the blame right where it belongs). The day before the scheduled visit, while frantically cleaning the entire kitchen, I saw that one had exploded in the freezer. Not wanted the other one to do the same, I took it out and put it into the sink. Then I went out for the evening and came home around midnight to find that the can had exploded and Coke was EVERYWHERE! I spent half the night rescrubbing every surface in the kitchen...the cupboards, ceiling, the backs of some open shelves....Really, I'm surprised that I didn't just lick it all up! On a side note: I'd left the frozen coke spill in the freezer for James to clean...which he did years later when we moved out of the house.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


4 comments:
Oh my goodness, so funny! I know I shouldn't laugh at your expense, but come on!
I feel the same way about company. I pretend like I want the house clean out of respect to the people coming to see us, but we all know I don't want people to think I'm a slob.
Poo on a white futon... that's just horrible.
Hey, I did notice and of course I assumed it was because of me!!! Go Korean Sam!
Haha... I love "look at what my kids did" stories. Can't wait for my own!
Janine - you totally make me LAUGH!! I am seriously impressed that you still got the couch clean before they got there, and more impressed that you left the coke for James!
Post a Comment