My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A difficult decision

I teach gospel doctrine - ie. the adult Sunday School class - at church. This means that as soon as sacrament meeting ends, I have to quickly gather up all the toys etc. strewn around our pew, hand Will to James, and head to the class to set up. Sometimes I write on the board, but mostly I have to be there to get out my manual and scriptures and to start the class. Oh, and to teach the class. I may be a bit "uptight" but I think it's not so good for the teacher to be late to class.

Anyway, last week I didn't have anything to set up - so I knew I had an extra few minutes before I had to be to class. This was a good thing, since I had to "powder my nose" [That's a Janine euphemism for peeing].

So, I hand Will to James and that's when it happens. My eyes lock on the radiant visage of my friend from Saskatoon - Maja.

And that's when I had to make a split second decision - to heed the call of nature or to heed the siren song of chatting.

Of course, chatting won the day and I believe the tension in my bladder added a certain edge or an extra energy to my lesson.

But you can believe I hightailed out of the class as soon as it was over.

PS. If you are wondering what I'm talking about when I talk church things, or wondering what I may be teaching, visit here

4 comments:

Maja said...

Hahaha!!! My favourite part was of the "radiant visage..."! HA! It was great seeing you, but at the same time - a cruel tease! I can't wait to see you for more than 5 minutes at church!! Maybe there is a trip out to Saskatoon?? But great post. Very, very funny.

The Redhead Riter said...

I hate the call of nature!

Stopping by to share the blog ♥ !

Have a great Saturday!

Renee said...

"Nature" gets in the way all too often! You're a very dedicated friend and teacher and ps. I love this post.

Colleen said...

Too bad that Maja read your "Bathroom Etiquette" post, otherwise you could have combined the 2!