There we were sitting in the waiting room, and Bonnie announced she had to go outside for a minute. Okay, I thought - that's a little weird, but whatever. So I picked up my book and started reading and all of a sudden I heard a beautiful chorus singing happy birthday. I turned around and there were 4 friends from our book club!
Bonnie had arranged for them to join us in Banff. I was so surprised! And touched. It was so nice, and I felt so appreciated (and appreciative).
It was a great way to spend my last day of 39.
We had a few debriefing emails afterwards...because 8 hours just wasn't enough chatting time! One of the ladies summed the day up perfectly, so I'm just going to quote her:
it's those simple pleasures of being with friends, walking in the sunshine & eating ice cream in Banff that memories are made of!
Thanks for the great day ladies!!


3 comments:
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, belated, from Arizona. But best wishes for the 40's!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE! Your pictures are beautiful. Oh Canada!!!
Post a Comment