This year, my actual birthday fell on a Friday - so how could I NOT have a party?? We had a big BBQ down at Fish Creek Park, and except for a brief moment when my brother Dave thought he'd lost his 2 year old, it was a great night. My siblings presented me with a "You're Old" basket of gifts (denture case, toy walker...). Which is pretty funny considering that my sister is OLDER than me!
A couple of nights after that, we had family over for cake to celebrate Will's birthday. He amused half of our ward that morning when he kept singing "Happy Birthday to Me" during sacrament meeting. But then he threw a hot wheels car at the people behind us, and that's the last anyone saw of him until nursery time.
So, here's some pictures.

This is Will's backyard party. It was pretty hot that day. And we managed to finish before the rain started.

Will opening presents

I didn't have any candles - I guess we used them all on the "40" cake, but luckily my neighbour had some sparklers.
The rest are from my party - me, then Coleman and Olivia with some cousins. NOTE: COLEMAN GOT A HAIRCUT!! - and then the mightly barbequers.




4 comments:
How come there are no pictures of me? Oh yeah - I was chasing Eve down the nature trails...
LOVE Colemans haircut, and love the crazy sparkler in Will's face!
Looks like a fun party! Sparklers are way better than candles anyway.
Great party at the park - it was fun to be in town for your birthday. I was surprised that those helicopter-sized mosquitoes aren't in any of your snapshots. Worst party crashers...ever!
Post a Comment