My Kids

My Kids

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Transistion

I always feel weird those first few days of summer clothes. All winter I get used to wearing layers...essentially hiding behind cardigans, vests, hoodies and scarfs. Now, it's just slap on a T-shirt (oh, and capris) and I'm good to face the world. I always feel a bit exposed those first times out.

Of course, it would probably not be such a shock if I was skinnier and didn't count on the winter layers to hide my "ruffles".

And...the reason that I'm posting this now, instead of in May, is that really, this spring/summer has only just started this past week.

But I'm used to it now.

And it's always a worse shock in the fall went I can't just walk outside in flip flops and no jacket.

1 comment:

Bonnie White said...

Despite not having great weather this spring, it really does feel like summer. Ice cream cones, late night walks, grilled pineapple. I've enjoyed it for the first time in years.