Okay, bad picture but great cupcake!!
This month's Martha Stewart selection is actually a mini-cheesecake. These were super easy to make...the crust was an Oreo cookie and there were also chopped up pieces of Oreo in the cake itself. I made these last weekend for a family dinner.
[Coleman was ordained a teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood - not sure what I'm talking about, you can click
here - and as such, we had several family members over for dinner after church]
Anyway - back to those cupcakes. Everyone enjoyed them and thought they were creamy, with a delightful crunch of cookie. The crust/cookie was nicely soft and easy to eat. As you can see, we topped ours off with a little dollop of whipped cream. I actually considered serving these nicely on a plate with the whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. But after a morning of prep and tidying, an afternoon of church, and an early evening of cooking dinner ... I was too lazy to do that. Instead, I just plopped the container of cheesecakes on the counter beside the whipped cream and a pile of napkins - and then released the crowds.
I will definitely make these again.
On a final note...I didn't try one myself, because I stopped eating treats 30 days ago today. I realized that I finally had to get my eating/life in control....the first couple of weeks were really rough, but now, it's actually getting easier.
And to reward myself for going a whole month...I'm off to the movies by myself on Friday afternoon!!
11 comments:
Wow, big congrats on the 30 treat-free days! I've been there, and it's definitely not easy, especially when you're baking treats for others. Bravo! Oh, and the cupcakes look great!
30 days of treat-free eating!! Wow!!!! I loved the cupcakes, but I can't say you missed out because I'm still in awe that you has willpower. I need to do that.
yuuuuuuuuummm!
have you ever made oreo truffles? so yum and easy.
talk to me if you've never had them and want the recipe
Yours look like they were good and your baby is super cute!
I can't believe you didnt eat one! They look so good!
I am bowing down in reverence to your fortitude and self-discipline. Well done.
You're funny ;)
Wow I don't think I could make it 30 hours without a treat, nevermind 30 days! Good job!
This weather is getting depressing. I go to sleep and wake up to rain everyday. I bet it'll snow. It's cold enough. I could see my breath this morning. Yuck!
Congratulations on 30 days treat free! Such willpower. I loved these cupcakes but only ate one I took the rest of them to work.
What movie did you see?
Thanks for baking with me this month! You definitely have a lot more self control than I do. I have a neighbor who brings over so many sweets and my roommate and I just eat them all. Normally he has creme brulee, so I think she and I have had 5 creme brulees in the past week. I am super impressed that you can go so long without sweets!
Post a Comment