My Kids

My Kids

Friday, September 17, 2010

(Revised Version) Hail To The....

...Chief Scout!!


After 3 years of camping, hiking, badge work, learning about Canada, researching a variety of topics from government to scouting to recycling, a 30-hour service project, a couple of environmental activities,and all sorts of scouting activities (including sleeping in a lean-to in the backyard), Coleman received his Chief Scout Award last Tuesday night at our ward's scouting opening ceremonies.

Way to go Coleman!!


-- and by "Coleman", I mean his scouting leaders - Andy U, Jordan H, and Jonathan H - and of course, my friend Barb who's son was also working on this and who is much more organized, knowledgeable and motivated than I'll ever be.  In fact - I wish she had another son Sam's age...I'm not sure how he's going to get his award without her!!

And, you can't really see my shoes, but they are really high - so I'm almost the same height as everyone else.

ADDED EXTRAS:  The shoes are "hand-me-downs" from my MIL --- Big shout out to KT for buying such great shoes and then having such arthritic toes that she can't wear them.  Sad for her, fabulous for me.

And a note about Coleman's uniform...these are the shirts that they wear during each church ceremony...I went by the Scout Shop today to pick up a new uniform shirt for Coleman to wear to the actual Chief Scout dinner/awards ceremony thing.  And Sam too...in a few years!!  Coleman's last shirt was lost, and he would've outgrown it by now anyway.

5 comments:

b.liz said...

What an accomplishment...it takes a village, right? Walker just went to his first pack meeting last night for cub scouts and i'm gearing up for many many years of scouting. Hopefully we'll have great leaders and friends too. I'm still trying to get excited about it...

(Cute shoes, J!)

David said...

Good thing he wore his scouting uniform to receive the award. Congrats regardless.

Amy said...

Good work Coleman! Love those leaders who help out so much. And congrats to you on the no treats for 30 days. That's a way hard thing.

Barb said...

Coleman: Congratulations! The staying power it takes to finish up is huge. Way to go.
Janine: I think those are the shoes you wore to enrichment, no? I was silently coveting them all night.

Renee said...

Very nice! Congratulations to Coleman, his parents and leaders! It takes a big Mormon village sometimes.

Your shoes are fabulous by the way and no judgment here about the uniform! We have to almost hold Oliver down and force his on him at times. No, we don't really do that, but still, no judgment.