Today I have carrot legs.
"What Janine?? Did you say Carrot Legs??"
Yes I did, and I'll say it again, I have carrot legs. Yesterday I went out to my garden to pick the last 2 rows of carrots. However, I DO NOT kneel on dirt in the garden. And before you tell me to get one of those garden mat things to use...it's not the dirt I dislike, it's being so close to the ground without a quick and easy way to jump up and away from any potential worm threats. And maybe you can quickly jump up from a kneeling position, but I can't, so I prefer to be on my feet for a quick getaway in case of emergency.
But I digress.
So, since I won't kneel, that leaves me no option but to pick the carrots either by bending from the waist (hamstring workout) or squatting down (quad workout). Consequently, after picking and trimming off the tops, while I'm standing at the kitchen sink washing the carrots, my legs start shaking and then turn into jello.
And today my hamstrings are tight and my quads are burning...thus the statement "I have carrot legs"
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


5 comments:
You are funny! I didn't know that you were afraid of worms. I was most impressed by the carrot pic..really cute. :)
I thought this would be a story about the misapplication of self-tanner (of which I could identify).
I am actually happy if the ground-dwelling creatures I encounter lack fangs or stingers. Bring on the worms any day!
I have chicken legs and cleaning claw.
It always surprises me to hear that a woman who loves science as much as you, hates bugs, worms, spiders and anything else creeping in the dirt.
That picture is priceless! They totally are "carrot legs", with tiny little skirts mind you! Hope your legs have fully recovered. :O)
Post a Comment