With the recent Thanksgiving holiday, I've been replaying a favourite family memory of mine on the stage in my mind.
A couple of years ago at a family holiday dinner, I made Stu's Creamed Spinach (recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law Beth -- and it's in The Book. If you know what I'm talking about, you should try it). It was creamy, cheesy, and tasty. And I guess the spinach makes it good for you. We all liked it, but my other sis-in-law, Kathryn, LOVED it.
She loved it so much, that later that evening, while the rest of us were gorging ourselves on chocolate covered almonds, Kathryn choose to have MORE SPINACH!! And then, if I'm not mistaken...which I'll freely admit I could be mis-remembering...she had even more for breakfast the next day.
That really is true love. True spinach love.
[An aside: Sam was just listening to The Killer's song with the dumbest lyric ever: Are we human or are we dancer? Never mind the bad grammar, just think about the idea. Do we really have to choose? James would like that, because then he would be completely justified in his firm no-dancing philosophy. (I was going to say "stand" instead of "philosophy" which would be funny because standing is what he does at dances anyway). If push came to shove, I might rather be a dancer than a human. I need to ponder this question further.]
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


2 comments:
You're so funny, Janine, I thought you meant meat on a stick!
mmmm....spinach!
Post a Comment