My Kids

My Kids

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Censorship

Sometimes, while I'm driving with the kids and listening to my ipod, a song will come on that has bad words in it.  What??  How did that happen...I don't know.  James must have loaded them onto my playlist.  Luckily, I'm very familiar with these songs, so I know when the bad words are going to be sung.

My car radio comes with a very handy remote, so when the song is playing along, I grab that remote in my hand, waiting for my big moment of censorship.  As the bad word approaches I quickly hit "Mute" for a few seconds, allowing all ears in the van to remain unsullied.

Except for those times when I accidentally hit "Pause" instead.  Then there is a sudden quiet, which of course captures everyone's attention, followed by a nasty word being loudly sung through out the van. 

4 comments:

Maja said...

Hahaha! Sounds like something that would happen around our house... if I ever paid any attention to lyrics...

Renee said...

That's good stuff.

Stacey said...

that is so funny! you are either a rock star mom, or mother of the year! (depending on which button is succesfully pushed)

Isaura said...

ahhhh that is hard. i started getting the edited versions of songs on itunes just so i won't get used to baad words. ok, where was i??? i didn't know you guys were thinking of up and even leaving the country. i'm slow. darn, was texas in the mix of it all?? let us know when you will be soending christmas here, and we're there. or you can stay here :)
i'm not sure of what we are doing for christmas. i'm still waiting for marc to tell me. sooooo i may not know until the week of.... that's how my dear husband works :)