My Kids

My Kids

Monday, December 20, 2010

I love/hate the outdoors

I really don't know which one it is...

I love to walk or run outside.  I'm not a good treadmiller.  Even on days like today, that are -16 C, I still enjoy being outside running.  In fact, I actually depend on being able to get outside everyday to keep my sanity...especially during winter.  Love it.  Need it.   And summer...I love it.  I love taking the kids to the park and reading my book while they play.  I love taking them to Fish Creek and playing in the stream (again while I read my book).  I love sitting in the sun at the lake...when we get to have that kind of vacation.  And the beach...which we don't have here...I love it.

So I guess I would say that I'm an outdoors kind of person.

Okay, those who really know me, you can quit laughing now. 

Because I don't like bugs.  I don't like sitting on grass.  And I really dislike eating outside ...  it's just never as comfortable as eating inside, and don't get me started on the wasps/mosquitos/ants that also like my food.  And I absolutely can't stand camping.  I don't want to sleep outside or use an outhouse for days on end.  Mostly because they have spiders and moths.  Ewww....I really really don't like moths (in fact, some may say that I am petrified of them...and they would be correct).

So then, I guess I would say that I'm not an outdoors person.

Maybe I should sum it up by saying yes to flora and no to fauna.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Perhaps - you like the outdoors as long as you can move through it, or ignore it with a book.

Flora said...

I am SO glad that you like flora. Makes me happy. 'Cause I like Janine!

Candy H said...

Most campgrounds have nice bathrooms now and even electriciy.
We love to go camping when it is under 70 degrees which means not usually in Houston.