My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Disaster Averted

After Christmas, I put the left over cranberry sauce in a bowl, covered it with plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge. 

Some time later, unbeknownst  to me, it tipped over, and since it was just ordinary plastic wrap and not Glad Press N Seal (**blatant product placement**) it proceeded to drip undetected down the back of my fridge for at least a week.

Normally this would be a cause for concern.  A cause for weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  A time to pull everything out of the fridge and scrub, scrub, scrub!

But not this time...because I only noticed the spill as I was unloading my entire fridge in preparation for it's fateful journey to its final resting place...the dump. 

Yup, our fridge was dying.  It still was running, just wasn't really keeping things cold, only kind of cool.  I was willing to play Russian Roulette with food poisoning just to save some post-Christmas bucks.  James however, put our physical health over our financial health and insisted that we buy a fridge that works...he can be a bit funny that way.

So we did buy one, and it came a couple of weeks ago.  Because of size restraints (since we still aren't ready to rip out all of our 1969 original cupboards), we ended up choosing an all-fridge (ie. no freezer).  And let me tell you...I love it.  It has so much room.  So much space.  If you were so inclined, you could fit a baby in the veggie drawers.  (But I'm not sure why you would).

And that's the story of how I got out of cleaning up a messy cranberry spill.

1 comment:

LOCKHARTS said...

I just want to say that you are so funny! Your blogs always crack me up...this one if particular. I have few near death experiences from spills in the fridge. Never fun! I think over all it was a win win for you!