My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Truth about Basketball

After a year off, Coleman is back playing community ball again.  And this year, I've really enjoyed going to his games.  I thought it was because at his age, the game is quite fast paced and good...almost exciting to watch.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that his team almost always wins.

But today, the game seemed to go on FOREVER!!  I was actually watching the seconds tick away on the scoreboard, that's how slow it seemed to be going.  Yet, they weren't playing any different.

Then I realized that this week, because of the way the gym was laid out, and the timing of my arrival, I was sitting by myself...

...and that's when I finally admitted to myself that it wasn't the games that had been holding my attention and making time fly by, it was the other basketball moms.  A game without chatting really is a long game.

1 comment:

R. Patton said...

I completely understand. Luckily we live in a community where we know most everybody, so there is always another mom to giggle with!