My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Dresser

A few weeks ago, my dad came down to help me refinish my dresser.  We got it to the point where it was ready to paint, but then James wanted to do the painting, so we left it for him to do the painting.  Luckily it was his Saturday off, so I knew we would only be a few more days without a dresser.



But, as luck would have it, that "few days" turned into a "few weeks"  because of the WEATHER!!  We had to wait until it was 10 degrees C INSIDE our garage before we could apply the paint.  We eventually resorted to a space heater to get the job done!!  But it was worth the wait, and the dresser looks great.

I of course forget to take before pictures, but here are the after ones.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with my bed.  I'm thinking of re-staining it a dark brown.



4 comments:

Renee said...

Dark brown would be pretty! The dresser looks really good.

LOCKHARTS said...

Looks great Janine...can't wait to learn all you know. I started my dresser this week. Wish the sun would stop hiding! And I agree, a dark stain would look nice and complement the bed well. I like a lot of contrast.

b.liz said...

He did a great job...and i love the paint color you chose.

I was just thinking about how i wish we had some refinishing/carpentry skills around here! your dad is awesome.

Stacey said...

wow! they look great