My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Board Game Memories


My two older boys are downstairs right now playing Stratego, which brings back some childhood memories.  I'd like to take a moment to share these with you, my reading audience.

My sister Colleen and I used to spend hours playing board games.  We'd take turns choosing the games, and we'd play them one after another.  She always picked Stratego...and I can't stand that game.  (I'd say "hate" but I've told Will that that's a bad word...along with Stupid and Poop...thereby making "I hate stupid poop" the worst thing you could possibly say).  Anyway, back to the games...just to make it go faster, when we played Stratego, I would plant my flag front and centre so that the game would end in about 30 seconds.  For some reason, this drove my sister nuts, so then we made the rule that you had to try to win the games before we could move on to the next one.  Smart thinking on her part.

One game we both liked, however, was Monopoly.  And I remember once when we were playing, I was losing in a big, bad way.  And it was making me mad.  So mad, in fact, that I just flipped the board into the air - thereby scattering all the pieces and effectively ending the game.  So there.

And I use the term "once" loosely...this is probably something I did like a gazillion times...

Obviously, I was a sore loser.

1 comment:

Maja said...

Hahaha!!! "I hate stupid poop" will make me laugh all day!