My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hey - Its my Birthday!!

So last night, in honour of my bday, James told me he wanted to take me shopping to pick out my present.  He said he had something in mind, and that we would be shopping in the same place he was working.  That got my heart racing...because there is a FANTASTIC jewelry store there!!

But, we headed to Lammles Western Wear instead.

Yup, after 10 years, I've finally succumbed to the Calgary tradition of pretending to be a cowboy/cowgirl for one week of the year.  Now, in James' cowboy defense, he did spend a lot of time growing up on a ranch.  And he actually does wear western gear all year...not just to Stampede (wait, is that something I want everyone to know or not!).

So, to Lammle's we went, and an hour later we left with my new boots, my new hat, my new cowgirl jeans and my 2 new cowgirl shirts.  And I actually like them!!  It's crazy, I know.

Every time we go to the Stampede I think that I should get some Western wear, but that feeling usually passes within a week or so...but now I'm a true Calgarian.

Oh -- and now for the real reason I wanted cowboy boots...we are faithful watchers of Friday Night Lights...and the one actress that I love is always wearing boots and they look so good, and I'm always jealous. 



Here's my new boots.  They are so awesome and I have the best husband in the world (and he told me to type that).  But its true, and I do, and they are.

Click to enlargeAnd here's my hat!


Just to let you know, I am accepting presents at anytime, so don't worry if you didn't get it in the mail in time!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Birthday & Stampede!

Renee said...

You are so going to rock those boots! Fashion show please.

Happy birthday Janine!!!

Stacey said...

those boots rock! and yes, you really can wear them all year round.

Georgina said...

I totally, totally love those boots! And you can totally be Tammy Taylor in them! All you need is a navy dress that is above your knees, and you'll be her twin!!! I'm so jealous!