My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Money, money, money

So I noticed online yesterday that for $600 James and I could both fly back to Puerta Vallarta.  Or, instead of James since he's working, I could fly my sister and I, or a friend and myself...

...but with all those decisions about who to bring and possible hurt feelings, I decided to spend the $600 on this:


A van full of groceries from Costco.


And do you know what, a Costco trip like this serves 2 purposes:  1.  Feeds my family.  2.  Provides an upper body workout both in the pushing and the carrying into the house.

At the checkout, they transferred my purchases from my cart to a flatbed - I was happy with that.  Sometimes instead of the flatbed, they've loaded them into 2 carts which is really, really hard to get back to my truck on my own!

Anyway, here's how the conversation went at the checkout:

Packing Lady:  "Wow.  How long has it been since you've been here?  It must have been a long time."
Me: "Ummm...last Monday.  And the week before that too"
Packing Lady - looks at me and Will: "You must have other kids besides just him"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you decide on PV next time let me know I have a great timeshare I could sell you for the week!

Lisa