My first thought was: What? Brothers? Named James and Jim??? What were their parents thinking? Didn’t they know that was the same name??? It wasn’t until later that I learned they were step-brothers with different last names – no one thought that was an important point to mention.
Anyway, I came home from BYU-Hawaii just in time for Bryce and Anne Margaret’s famous New Years Eve party. And it was there that James and I first met. It was across a crowded room, our eyes met and lingered on each other, the rest of the room faded into a soft blurriness, romantic music started playing somewhere in the background…Our first date was a group date with dinner at my house (cooked by my friends and I) followed by games. The only catch – it was my friend who was on the date with James! But I remember thinking he was quite fun to be with - so fun, in fact, that I can't even remember who was my date!


1 comment:
I love the "faded into a soft bluriness" part. And that you can't remember your date's name. Go James.
Post a Comment