My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Am I Smart orJust a Smart A**???

I used to be smart.  Once when we were cleaning/reorganizing our bookshelves, I ran across my Masters thesis...it's published proof that I was smart.  ONCE UPON A TIME.  Now...I'm not so smart.

A couple of years ago Alex was having a hard time with a physics problem - it had to do with forces...my forte I thought....I ROCK at physics.  I am like a physics world champion.  So I took a look at the problem...then I started flipping through the textbook for some kind of explanation for what was going on.  Some of the symbols and equations weren't even familiar!! 

That's when the awful truth hit me...I am no longer smart.  I can no longer do any math or physics.  World champion?  No longer.

Likewise, I think I'm pretty good with technology.  Why?  Because I own a laptop, desktop, iphone and ipad.  So am I a tech-savvy person?  No!  Am I an ultimate shopper married to an ultimate tech lover??  YES!  So, although I own technology, I'm not as good at it as I think I am.  Can I email?  YES!  Can I blog?  YES!  Facebook?  From ANY device!!  Download TV?  YOU BET! 

But somehow, I can't make my outlook calendar transfer from my desktop to anything else.  I've tried synching through a google calendar - and all that did was transfer some things, miss some things, and repeat some things 500 times.  (For example, birthdays...on Mar 11 I would have 100 events all of which said "David's Birthday" - and yet I still wouldn't mail his card until the 12th).

Lately I tried to synch my calendar to my iphone - and I don't know what I did - but it didn't work.  So I can't see what's on my calendar from my iphone, but all of a sudden I have all of mine AND James' contacts on my iphone!!!  I'm clueless how that happened.

And - here's the real kicker - I'm too lazy and indifferent to fix it!  Probably if I fiddled around I could reverse that.  And probably if I googled "How can I synch my iphone calendar to my outlook calendar" I'd get an answer...

...but I'm too busy checking my emails and facebooking to get that done.

3 comments:

Angela C. said...

I appreciate your honesty. I thought I must be the only woman who feels this way. I guess this is what happens when you give up education to change diapers. "use it or lose it." rings true. I look back and wonder how I wrote all those exams, wrote all those papers... Seems like such a waste now.

Unknown said...

Lol let me know if you need help ;)
Tony Kim

Alex Thompson said...

An ultimate shopper married to an ultimate tech lover... And this is why I have the best parents!