Happy Birthday Sam - well it was yesterday, not today...but still14!! I can't believe it. After school he brought home some friends for dinner and cake and movies. So there I was, getting ready to cook frozen pizzas (the first use of my ovens that were installed only a couple of hours prior to the party), and thinking: Sam and his friends are on their way home, Coleman is downstairs, Olivia and Will are playing, James is working late, so as soon as Alex comes we can eat. WHAT??? Alex isn't coming until Dec 14th!! We'd be hungry if we waited until then.
Yesterday morning, in the car, I reminded Will that it was Sam's birthday. And then because he's 5 and the whole world revolves around you at that age (or at any age in my case), he asked how long it's been since he was born. I said just over 5 years. But that wasn't good enough, he wanted to know how many DAYS since he'd been born. Of course I can't do that kind of math on the fly (okay, 365 days in a year, and it's been 5 years), so I told him it's been too many days (oh, wait, there was a leap year in there), and that he would have to be happy with 5 years.
(Wait for it, wait for it)...
...another kilometer down the road:
1932!!! You've been alive for 1932 days!!!!
He didn't care anymore, but I did



No comments:
Post a Comment