My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Calgary Temple Youth Cultural Celebration

This weekend was our temple dedication (see here if you don't know what I'm talking about). 

Anyway, the night before the dedication, Pres. Monson likes the youth in the area to put on a musical/dancing show that tells the history of the temple area - and celebrates the culture (hence the name).

The youth in the area have been practising for a couple of months - and the night was fantastic!!

Coleman had a solo, so here's the youtube video - which I can't figure out how to embed - blogger isn't liking my embed code....  Sam isn't shown in the video, but he was diligently skipping rope along with the rest of the kids from our ward.

I love that of all the "cultural" highlights of Calgary (First Nations, Stampede, Olympics), Coleman got to sing about oil - it was a mechanical engineering song!!

Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/tkKdtXTrgTA?t=52m

2 comments:

Amy said...

I always love it when my future son-in-law excels. Congratulate him for us. Has he selected one of my lovely daughters, yet? Does he know he's going to be my son-in-law?

Renee said...

That's really cool Janine! They did a great job.