About 3 and 1/2 hours ago I entered Costco, and I just finished "grocery shopping" right now. Granted, it's been a while since I did more than a quick trip to the grocery store.
It went like this:
1. Shop Costco - and quickly - no loitering in books, clothes, or movies. Just food, frozen food, dairy, fruits and veggies, meats and breads.
2. Unload teetoring mountain of a cart at check-out. I told the boxing-up lady not to even bother re-loading a cart for me, but instead to skip right to the giant flatbed cart. Turns out I was wrong. Turns out I needed a cart and a flat bed.
3. Unload from said carts into the back of my Sequoia - luckily a friend from church was parked a few cars behind me, so between her help and the chatting, this wasn't so bad.
4. Shop Superstore - just for those things that Costco doesn't carry. I don't usually do both of these on the same day even though they are conveniently located almost next to each other, because I usually don't have the room in my truck for the Superstore groceries as well as the Costco groceries.
5. Throw these groceries into the side door of the truck since the back was full.
6. Drive to bus stop, load 2 kids into the remaining free areas of truck.
7. Bring all that food into the house and deposit in the front entrance - in the snow I might add.
8. Sort food into upstairs and downstairs food.
9. Put away food.
10. Put away more food.
11. Put away even more food.
12. Ditto.
13. Sam comes home from school.
14. Make Sam carry the last of the food downstairs.
15. Put Costco bags and recycling detruitus in the back hall for the next person who is going that direction to take out to the garage.
ALL DONE!!
Now I need a nap.
And some donations to cover the $1000 bill.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment