And now that most of the work is done, James and I have been chipping away at the daunting task of unpacking boxes, moving furniture, and reorganzing closets. It's been a mental challenge for me, and a pretty physical one for James and the boys.
All that we have left to do is to set up our brand new storage room (when the shelving system gets delivered tomorrow), and then hang up our pictures and art. But I'm not sure where it put it all -- we have less walls in some rooms and bigger walls in others!
That's been the hard part all along - it's not just about putting everything back to where it was pre-reno, because almost every room has changed.
But really, if that's my biggest problem, then I have a pretty good life.
So yesterday, we finished setting up Olivia's new room. I saw this bed idea on a Sarah Richardson design show, and loved it...
And yes, we let her choose the colours for her room. I don't know why we put lights in there, she doesn't need them.
After doing this room - we tackled our room. Well, actually, we tackled James' boxes of clothes and stuff that was lying around. I sorted all of his clothes into piles so he could decide where to place them in his new closet. As I was doing this, I felt like I was being overrun by socks - every box, suitcase, or dresser drawer seemed to be spewing them forth. It was a sock spew-fest.
Now I know what NOT to get James for Christmas - socks. Although, really, that's a pretty lame gift anyway, so it wasn't even on my shopping list. Except maybe for my kids -- I just figure if there's something they need (ie. socks, underwear, new church clothes), they might as well get them wrapped up and placed under the tree.


No comments:
Post a Comment