My Kids

My Kids

Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Break

The kids go back to school tomorrow - and although this means that the house will be cleaner - I'm bummed that our Christmas vacation is finished.  We even, in an unprecendented move for our family - PUT AWAY THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS TODAY.  Usually this doesn't happen until mid-Februray (the result of a toxic mix of nostalgia, laziness, and pig-headedness).


(Okay, that's not our tree - but I thought it nicely conveyed the idea of what happens when a tree is left up too long - and even though ours is artificial, with kids and cats in the house, it always looks this sad and discheveled when we take it down).


You may be wondering - just what makes a Christmas holiday a success?

Let me tell you:

-earliest morning: 6:30am for Boxing Day shopping
-second earliest morning:  8am Christmas Day
-average wake time for me:  9am

-books read by me:  6

-movies seen by us: 4 (only 3 for me - I opted out of The Hobbit - feel free to argue this point with me)

-TV seasons watched by James and I: 3 finished, 2 started (Sherlock 1&2 - check, Walking Dead 1-check, Walking Dead 2 - more than 1/2 way, Elementary - just started)

-outside activities: skating and tobogganing with the family, a few solo cross-country ski trips

-inside activities: bowling

-games played:  Rook, Power Grid, Settlers, Name Game

-puzzles completed:  4

-quantity of homemade baked goods consumed (total for family):  500 pounds

-quantity of chocolate consumed (total for family): 1000 pounds.

So, add that all together and you get a fantastic Christmas holiday!!

Sometime - before Feb (that's my NY resolution) - I will upload our pictures

No comments: