My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Dangers of Distracted Texting

(This post contains 2 seemingly unrelated items that come together in a chilling and unexpected conclusion!)

(Part 1) Today, Will got a letter in the mail from his friend Ben -- it was a drawing that Ben did just for him.  He loved that he had a letter, so I thought I would send a quick "Will loves his drawing from Ben and loved getting a letter" text to Ben's mom.

(Part 2)  Afterschool, the little kids have to put away their lunch kits, shoes, coats, and backpacks (I know, slave driver, right??).  Like usual today, Will was being really slow at obeying and I was having to tell him over and over to do his chores.

(The near-disaster)  I looked down at the text I was typing, ready to hit send, when I saw that the text read like this:

"Will -- put your stuff away"

No comments: