My Kids

My Kids

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vday

So, Valentines Day is coming up. How overboard do you go? Usually I'll bake some kind of heart shaped treat, and sometimes we go for dinner. The kids do valentines for school - at least those in elementary school do. For the past few years we've started to make our valentines on the computer complete with a picture of whoever is sending the valentine. This year I went all out and we even taped a chocolate heart onto each card. Go me.

The real problem I have with Valentines day is that James' birthday is on Feb. 11, so it's very hard to separate the two - we usually just end up going out on whatever free night we have between the 2 dates and calling it a birthday/vday dinner. And seldom does he get 2 gifts...poor him.

Speaking of gifts...

Really, I never expect much for Vday from James. What I really love is that he always buys a super funny card and writes a great message inside. I keep those - I love to read them again and again. It's not the gift that matters, it's the way he expresses his love for me.

5 comments:

R. Patton said...

subtle! love it!

Maja said...

You are hilarious! I love how non-materialistic you are. SUCH an inspiration!

b.liz said...

At least he gets you a card! Stu just buys me jewelry...what a shmuck.

Renee said...

Scott's been asking what I want for VDay and you know, I have no idea. Maybe I'll just show him your post!

Barb said...

Okay, you are actually really funny.