I understand road rage. In fact, I could dedicate an entire blog solely to the wrongs that are committed by incompetent drivers. I have often wished that I had the right to revoke people's licenses on the spot.
Anyway, like I said - I'm no stranger to road rage, but the other day I realized that I frequently have bouts of Aisle Rage - mostly grocery store aisle rage - maybe this should be called Cart Choler, Cart Convulsions, Buggy Blowup....yes, I just checked thesaurus.com to find those words. Wait - Store Storm.
And I know you know what I'm talking about. ATTENTION! ATTENTION! It is not necessary to leave your cart parked diagonally in the aisle while you and your shopping partner peruse opposing shelves - it is OKAY to let people pass.
[ironically enough, I've been guilty of many a shopping aisle infraction myself]
Costco seems to be the worst place for this - probably because it's always so busy and I'll will allow that there is a LOT of interesting things to look at.
I think Costco aisles should be divided into a slow lane ("Let's see - 50 cans of mushroom soup - I need 2 per casserole, twice a week....") and a fast lane ("toilet paper, roast, bread, milk, cereal, diapers and then I have to meet the school bus in 20 minutes...")
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


5 comments:
It was an especially bad aisle day at Costco today, but I lucked out with a fast check-out line at the end so that made it all better.
Oh, I could devote a blog entry to a huge "AMEN"! We have an interesting couple I encounter at our local store from time to time. Husband is impaired and in a wheelchair. Wife is blind. He directs her as she pushes and puts items into the cart. This situation allows for patience, sympathy and admiration. Fat people on motorized carts -- not so much.
The best is when people act like they are doing you a favor by moving aside, even after you politely say "excuse me"
Just yesterday I had a ludy huff at me because I needed to get around her and the only way I could was by her moving.
The bad part is that I let it bug me the entire time I was in the store, and almost wanted to get in her way again so I could say something...I'm civilized, I know.
Ooooh, I'm bad about that. No wait, I should say my kids are bad about that. I let them push the cart and it's almost like they go out of their way to find the most inconvenient spot to park it. I know it's irritating, but they love to push the cart, so I let them. -I had a really intense experience once in Target with these trashy girls, where I was blocking the aisle, and my dad actually had to step in.... I'll blog about that later!
AMEN. That drives me bonkers!
(What about
...Retail Rage?
...or Costco Craze?
...or maybe Warehouse Willies is going a little too far?)
Post a Comment