My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10:30

So I got up early this morning and made a whole lot of dinners to freeze for later dates. How productive. How messy - but it doesn't matter because today is the one day of the month that my cleaning ladies come. Which is why I did it today (although it is a perfect rainy day for this) and why I did it early. So by 10:30 I had the chili simmering on the stove, chicken potpies and goulash (a family recipe) ready for the freezer, and a chicken curry dish that just needs to be assembled and cooked on Friday when my brother comes.

So, I thought, what a perfect start to the morning - now I'll just pop upstairs and read my daily 8.5 pages of the Book of Mormon -------

------or else I'll spend an hour on the computer reading blogs, posting on my blog, and perusing some of my own past posts (yes, I'm that narcissistic).

-------and then maybe I'll take to my bed and try to use my mind to melt away 20 pounds. Maybe it'll work....

2 comments:

Isaura said...

Hello Janine!
Thank you for your sweet comment. I think you and your husband are the only ones I have not yet met.
Didn't you guys live in Houston for a while?
Marc has always said very kind things about you two so I'm happy you found me! Yes, the blogging world is pretty crazy thing, but it is very fun to keep in touch this way. I'm looking forward to reading your blog, OH and if you ever figure out a way to use your mind to melt away 20 pounds, let me know!! I'm trying to get rid of LOTS of exra lbs I "found" when we got married five years ago :)

Renee said...

Send me some recipes!!! I'll share the Indian ones I got from Linda as soon as I make them. We just got back from vacation so I'm still "resting".