I was running this morning with a couple of friends from my ward [note to self - DON'T EVER DO THIS AGAIN!! They run at roughly twice the pace I do and I thought I was going to die]
Anyway, we were talking about why we run...I said that one reason was to keep my sanity and be able to face my kid-filled day. She said that she loved the thoughts that came to her as she runs. I then confessed that when I run, I'm in one of two states: either my mind is completely blank (which is oddly relaxing and rejuvenating) or I am constantly daydreaming. Deep thoughts, spiritual moments?? NO!! Fantasy trips and dream homes? YES!!
Which leads me to thinking about my 2 favourite dream lives...the ones I could never, ever, ever, have had - not in a million years. But they are still oddly compelling. Here they are, my alternate realities:
1. I'm a rock star. Front man. Lead singer. Stadiums. Arenas. The whole thing. Of course, I can't sing at all in real life...
2. I'm a world class surfer. Of big, big waves. Again - I'm so wimpy I won't even toboggan down the kiddie hill. But, still...that's why it's a fantasy life.
And hey, if dreaming of big waves or super-stardom helps my pass the kilometers, I'm all for it.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


3 comments:
For me, hip hop dancer or Martha Stewart's assistant.
LOVE IT. Love it all. I miss you!!!
My fantasy clothing design career and my professional water-skiing career are both a distant dream too. Great idea for workout distractions, though!
Post a Comment