My Kids

My Kids

Friday, March 2, 2012

I Should Know Better, This isn't my First Kid

This morning after breakfast, I wanted Will to brush his teeth and get dressed.

He wanted to play Wii.

I said Wii is fine, but first he had to brush his teeth and get dressed.

He said he wanted to play Wii.

I said, Wii yes - AFTER teeth and clothes.

He said he wanted to play Wii.

And then he took another step closer to the Wii and further from the teeth and clothes area.

I said that if he went downstairs without brushing and changing he wouldn't get to play Wii all day.

He said he wanted to play Wii.

And then he took another step in that direction.

Then I remembered that he is 4.  4 doesn't really do logic.  4 can't always understand consequences.  4 doesn't have much of a concept of now and later.   You know what 4 loves?  4 loves to race.

So I said Beat You to the Bathroom!

Problem solved.

Teeth brushed.  Clothes changed. Wii played.  Parental face saved.

1 comment:

James said...

That is so awesome!