My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Online Relationships

This month, in our church magazine called the Ensign, there was an article about the dangers of online relationships.  One of the "red flags" it mentioned, to let you know that the relationship is affecting your marriage, is if you spend most of your day waiting to hear from that "friend" or thinking about what you are going to say to them.

And then I got worried.

Because I might have a bit of an addictive online relationship.

With my brother.

We play "Words with Friends" ( 2 or 3 games at a time, although 3 was hard to juggle) and we've just started playing "Draw Something".  

[For the uninitiated, these are free rip-offs of scrabble and pictionary]

I am constantly checking to see if he's played, then I play, then I think about what I'm going to play next, then I check to see if he played....

However, the big danger sign in the article is if you are hiding the online relationship from your spouse.

I'm not.  He usually knows when I'm playing, because I'm ignoring him.  But he knows.

And this is not a problem.  The problem is that I can only beat my brother about once in every 6 games.  That's a big problem

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I'm laughing. Having played games against you in the past, I've met your competitive nature. Poor James - and poor brother. You'll find a way to beat him!!