Last week we had one of those nights where dinner had to happen in a small window. I had a game plan in hand and most of the meal in the crock pot. I just needed to throw some rice in the crockpot about 20 minutes in advance of the necessary eating time...
Except that when I went into the kitchen...disaster struck!! I had NO rice!!! I checked my storage room...no rice! [Except for the rice that I canned at the cannery...but that stuff is for our year's supply and it will last for 30+ years and there is no way I'm opening those cans unless it's an emergency -- or the year 2036 when I need to start replacing them]
Any way...no rice. Okay, I thought, I'll just serve our food over pasta instead. This should not qualify as a disaster, unless you have an ancient stove like I do and it takes about 25 min to BOIL A POT OF WATER!!
So dinner was later than I wanted, and a little rushed, but we managed to get to where we were going on time.
But did I ever long for my new cooktop and renovated kitchen.
I even left the kitchen for awhile, since I knew that a watched pot never boils.
Of course, feeling put out because my stove takes a long time to boil water for pasta to feed us all in warm, safe conditions....I know, it's being spoiled.
In fact, if you want to know more things that plague us here in the developed world, read THIS!
Really....go read it
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment