Our Good Friday holiday was just that...a good day together as a family. We started the day with a pancake breakfast and then moved on to my favourite game - it's called "lets pretend we're moving". In this "game" we pick certain closets and rooms and sort, organize and clean until the closet and room would be ready to be packed if we were moving. But, we aren't moving so instead we get to enjoy a cleaner house. We cleaned out all three of the big kid rooms....toys and all. Now their closets are half empty. I love it. The highlight for me, I'd say, was finally throwing out all those Bionicle containers.
After the clean fest, we went for a long walk and ended up at blockbuster, where, like usual, we rented more movies than we can possibly watch before the due dates. I love BBV's no late fees policy. Finally, we had an Easter program, ate dinner, watched a movie, and called it a night. I'm not sure why it was such a great day, but it was.
In fact, the whole weekend was fun. We spent Saturday out at Esther and Jim's place. The kids coloured eggs and did an egg hunt, then the grown-ups went for dinner. It was my first tour of "downtown" Airdrie...I wasn't overwhelmed. The rest of the weekend was spent in Edmonton. I'll blog more on that trip later when I'm more motivated to attach my camera and post some pics.
I hope everyone else had a good Easter.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


4 comments:
I love the game "lets pretend we're moving!" I think I'm going to have to introduce that game to Esther.
That sounds like the best game ever! We play the "lets pretend Mom's going to have a nervous breakdown" game. It's really fun.
Post pictures of your trip when you get time!
Janine, I love your blog too! To add picture just click on the little picture in the tool bar of the post box, does that make sense?
Hmmm, I'm just sitting here thinking, I'm in the mood for something sweet. Something sweet and crumbly and... oh yes, shortbread!
Ah, too bad.
Post a Comment