Okay, so I realize that playing guitar hero in one room while 2 kids are trying to go to sleep in the adjacent room isn't such a good idea after all. I may need to rethink our sleeping arrangements...
You know those Christmas letters where the family mentions the year's achievements for each member? The one that stood out the most for me was when Scott Fisher mentioned that he can play all the songs on Guitar Hero at the expert level on his playstation. To be honest, I was really impressed and secretly, I wanted to be able to do that too. So, I'm sad to say, but that has been a goal in the back of my mind since I read that. Some people set spiritual goals, health goals, intellectual goals...I just want to be good at the "cool" Wii games.
Speaking of goals, though, I do have some real ones. I am trying to eat healthy - with hopefully the end result that I can fit into all my pre-Will clothes (although he is so cute and worth every extra pound). To reward myself (because, of course, a healthly lifestyle and longer life isn't reward enough), I will be treating myself to a day at the Banff Springs Spa when I lose the 20 pounds.
A friend and I were talking about setting goals and trying to change/improve our behaviour, and she mentioned that she likes to have a personal mantra that she repeats in her head to remind her of what she is trying to achieve. So, this year, my mantra is "Pause and Plan" (incidentally, Sam will recognize this phrase from his speech therapy). I need to stop and think before I react and speak. So far this is going well, as long as everything is running smoothly around me...ha ha. Obviously I know that what really counts are my reactions when I am stressed, rushed, late, or face-to-face with an Olivia-made disaster! So...Pause and Plan, Pause and Plan....
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


5 comments:
I lost 20 last year..this year I made my goal easier...just don't gain anything...maybe next year I will go back to losing.
I wouldn't say I've already abandoned my resolutions, I've just changed them.
I've been trying to convince Oliver that we could put together our own version of the Partridge family. He's the drummer, Spencer sings, etc. He's never looked so horrified.
I was only halfway joking too.
Hey Mom ... too bad there's no Johnny Cash on Guitar Hero (ha ha)
I love your mantra...I think mine is currently "Eat more chocolate and react huge." Maybe something a little more calming and inspirational would help my life too.
So, are you following an eating plan...that you are willing to share with the blogging world?! My friend just started a program from a Canadian author called "Eat-Clean Diet". Have you heard of it? It's supposed to be great, but I'm not willing to use any self-control.
So, how is the mantra going to correspond with your motormouth tendencies? Are we going to see more motormouth breakdowns?
P.S., that was probably the funniest thing Dad said for the entire time we were kids.
Post a Comment