My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, March 13, 2008

We're fantastic parents...

What a great morning we had...by 7:15 we had two kids crying and storming off in mad fits. There's nothing like a good tantrum to get you going for the day! Of course, if you ask them, its mine and James' fault for the screaming since we had the "nerve" to ask them to rinse their left-over cereal down the sink when they dump out their bowl each morning. How appalling?!? Don't we know that we only exist to serve their every need! To protect their identities, I'll just call these two kids Alec and Colemand...

Anyway, tonight we discussed again the underlying issues at stake. Namely, these 2 kids talk back to us, argue with us, and generally disobey us all the time. Essentially your basic teenage lack of respect. Trust me, this isn't our first conversation along these lines. Now, to underline the point, we've suspended all privileges until we see some improvement. This obviously didn't go over so well. In fact, there is still copious crying and screaming going on downstairs...I've escaped to my office to blog all about it.

On a different parenting note, I could kiss Will's cheeks all day long. He is so cute. Really - it's not just me that thinks that!

And on a completely different note - my book club. I love my book club. Last month we read a book about 19th century Chinese women. It went into detail about how they used to bind their feet. It is so gross! It makes me kind of queasy to think about it, but, like a bruise you can't quit touching, I'm also oddly fascinated by it. One of my book club friends emailed pictures of bound feet today - the four toes (not the big one), are turned completely underneath the foot - all those bones are broken and eventually absorbed right back into the body. How sick is that???

3 comments:

Renee said...

I had to erase my post because Oliver was upset. I guess I hurt his feelings by mentioning his less than perfect behavior on my blog! I can totally relate to your morning and had a similar night on Tuesday. My personal favorite is when all the kids are crying at once and Scott's out of town... or hiding in his office.

What's the name of that book about the Chinese feet? It sounds great!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you are blogging! I'm so glad you have Will's cheeks to kiss when your "teenagers" (I really can't believe your kids are teens!!!) are acting less than pleasant.
ps. the foot thing was really gross...

Anonymous said...

I think that it's finally time to take control of the Wii and the TV. It's not okay to let the kids have "free reign" the whole weekend. They turn into zombies and actually attack if provoked! We're Baaaack! - The other parent.