My Kids

My Kids

Monday, March 17, 2008

Copycat...

So, my brother David just started a blog. Honestly my first thought was Copycat! But of course, since I'm just copying other people, how hypocritical is that??

Second thought: PANIC!! Now I have to try to be funnier than David! Yikes! I like being the funniest, but he's pretty funny. But then I realized (in a more mature moment), that we can BOTH be funny. To paraphrase Old Christine "there's enough funny for everyone. We can both give our humour to the universe"

But maybe only we think we are funny.

On the home front: the kids actually survived the weekend with Wii and TV. They didn'tthink they would. As a consequence of the ban, Alex and Coleman spent a long time on Saturday finishing up Coleman's science project. It turned out great...in Coleman's words, "It Rocks!"

Finally, I spent some time on the weekend uploading my family history files onto the new family search website. What a great program. Now I've seen a bunch of work that still needs to be done in my family. It's made me very excited to get the work done. Alex and Coleman are both excited to take some names to the temple next time they go to do baptisms.

And for the actual final note, Alex's certificate come today for her Royal Conservatory Grade 2 theory exam (Honours I think). She does very well with piano (and music in general). See, there is a lot more to my kids than just lippiness!

5 comments:

Alex Thompson said...

Don't worry, Mom. We all know you're funniest. P.S. Even though he's funny, you have an excuse: you have the same genes. P.P.S. If I had a blog, I'd be the funniest :D

Renee said...

I still talk about my funniest friend Janine!

Hey, I need your shortbread recipe. I made some last week and it was ok, but not as good as yours.

Anonymous said...

She is funny! Maybe I'll make my own blog now. Tee hee.

Colleen said...

Doesn't matter who's funnier between you and David, since I'm the funniest of the three of us!

b.liz said...

Congrats Alex. You are so talented, girl!

Also, I think you're pretty hilarious, Janine...but there's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.