We didn't really tell the kids that they'd been bad - I just thought that sounded funny.
But we did tell them that the Easter Bunny was coming on Monday morning instead (which he did). Olivia took it all in stride - she's pretty clueless about her days anyway, Will had no idea a chocolate fest was on the horizon, and the big kids - well, let's just say that's one more item for their therapists, the year my parents forgot Easter.
Honestly though, I think we'll move the egg part of Easter to the Monday every year - it made the Sunday more about Jesus.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


4 comments:
Dustin and I almost died laughing when we read your last post. You are hilarious!!
Too funny about the Easter Bunny!
Sorry, about not returning your call for Saturday. Adam was in Halifax, and we celebrated Noah's b'day that night along with having Easter dinner. So my apologies, but thank you so much for the invitation!
I bet you got some great deals! I was in Target this week and they had all their Easter things 50% off, so I bought some stuff for my VT ladies. Did you forget on purpose? Smart girl!
J, you crack me up! I actually like the idea of doing the Easter bunny/candy/baskets/gluttony on a different day to keep Easter Sunday a little more Christ-centered. Katie told me that the Easter bunny came to her house on Saturday before Easter every year growing up. Maybe we'll have to adopt the practice as well. Good idea, Janine...you DID do it on purpose after all!
Post a Comment