My Kids

My Kids

Monday, April 6, 2009

Journals

I decided about a month ago that we should all have journals and that each Sunday I would set aside some time where we would all write in our journals. [Unlike our usual Sunday activities of napping, napping, and more napping.] I really think this is a great idea, and for me, I thought I could blog or journal depending on how private or public my thoughts happen to be on that particular Sunday. BUT, I the only time I remember this and actually think to buy the journals is on Sunday afternoons. So, maybe next week...

But here's what I've been saving up as my first blog/journal entry.

Last month when our bishop set me apart in my new calling, among other pertinent things he mentioned that because of my calling I would find peace and contentment in my life. And, do you know what, I really have. Things that used to bother me, now don't so much. At times, when I can feel stressful or worrisome thoughts creeping in on my mental horizon I can also feel a spiritual power stopping them, or at least holding them at bay. Have you ever had your head hurt so bad that even after you take some medicine you know the pain is still there in the background but it no longer interferes with your life? That's how I've been feeling lately with everything that could potentially "harsh my mellow". It's fantastic and I really am grateful for this gift. And I have realized it is a gift - one that is conditional on my continual obedience.

Now I have to go eat a yummy dinner. Why is it yummy? Because James cooked it - not me.

4 comments:

Barb said...

That is a sweet blessing to go with your calling, and truly food always tastes better when someone else makes it.

Renee said...

I love this post! I have such a strong testimony of callings and know what you're saying is true.

What did James make?

Flora said...

So what is your new calling these days, Miss Janine - oh, ya - the computer I am on won`t let me do a question mark. Love this laptop. And I love your blog.

R. Patton said...

Your journal-writing aspirations are so admirable! I tried LDS journal online recently, but I remain with the belief that there is such value in future generations seeing your words in your own script.