My Kids

My Kids

Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Olivia Story

Here's the background:

1. Today is the Terry Fox Run for Olivia and Sam.

2. Yesterday, as is the case most days, Olivia spent a couple of hours outside with her neighbour friend riding bikes up and down the block



So last night, when she was saying her prayers, Olivia said: "And I'm thankful that I could get all that exercise because I have the Terry Fox Run tomorrow"

***On a separate note, here's an example of our long-term planning and frugality. James just asked me to pass him a box of staples, and I did, and then I remembered that we bought these staples as part of a larger package at Sam's Club in Houston BEFORE Coleman was born...so, like, 14 years ago!! I think we've gone through about 4 or 5 staplers, but we've never bought new staples.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What if you calculate how much time & effort to pack and ship those staples from Texas, to Germany, to Calgary. Does it still save you money?

Renee said...

I'm so impressed with your staple story, and btw, Olivia is a doll, isn't she?!